Sometimes, we like to think “That will never happen to me.” One of those things is probably cold sores. After a night of drinking, hanging with friends, meeting someone new, or even out of the blue, we suddenly find ourselves dealing with an issue we never even thought of before.
You think to yourself “Why Me?”. Sometimes it can seem like you are the only one dealing with a cold sore. The truth is quite different, however, as over 70% of the population carries the cold sore virus. Not everyone can show it though, as different people’s immune systems or living habits can impact how often a cold sore appears.
Cold sores are not easy to deal with. They are painful, hard to hide, and often embarrassing, lasting up to almost 2 weeks in duration. The best way to deal with having cold sores is acceptance, with a positive outlook on your situation.
- Don’t beat yourself up over something you cannot control. It’s not your fault for cold sores coming back.
- At the same time, don’t ignore symptoms. The best way to treat a cold sore is head on, so don’t ignore the early stages when an outbreak is about to occur.
- Don’t try to hide your cold sore from a romantic partner. This is very important, your partner relies on you to be honest about any conditions that might impact on their life as well.
- Don’t focus on self-pity, it’s alright to feel down about your situation but do not let it control your life!
- Talk your friends and family about how you are feeling. Even if they don’t have cold sores, they can still offer hope, love and emotional support.
- Educate yourself on the cold sore virus. Our blog and website is filled with everything you need to know about cold sores. The more you know – the better you can deal with infections.
- Stress management is critical. Stress is one of the key triggers of a cold sore outbreak and keeping your stress to a minimum will ensure that cold sores appear less.
- Maintain a positive outlook and state-of-mind. Your life is not over, you still have so many things to be happy about and look forward to! The less you focus on a cold sore, the less others will as well.
For those times when cold sores get the best of you, and you’re ready to defeat your cold sores for good, then it’s time to get the power of InterceptCS. Intercept can prevent cold sores from ever occurring, leaving your face and lips infection-free. Find out more about our amazing cold sore remedies device now!