Most people wouldn’t associate cold sore outbreaks with liver health. But the way your liver operates could point to why you’re having constant, recurring outbreaks of cold sores. Healthy living is a critical step in eliminating outbreaks before they happen. The immune system is one of the main reasons the virus either stays dormant or creates an outbreak, and the liver can be a powerful contributor to the well-being of this primary defense.
A healthy diet that properly supports the liver is extremely important to maintaining a strong immune system. Even better, a healthy diet mixed with regular exercise will boost both liver and other important internal functions that support the immune system.
Healthy Eating Guide to Better Liver:
- The liver needs high amounts of vitamins and minerals to perform its many functions. Your diet should be rich in fruits and vegetables, as well as fiber.
- Try to eliminate processed foods, artificial additives, colors, or preservatives from your daily diet.
- Carrots and beats are powerful liver cleansers, as well as green vegetables. Chlorophyll within these plants helps cleanse the liver.
- Flax seeds are great for repressing excessive hormones, which also can cause cold sore outbreaks. One of the liver’s most important jobs is to manage excessive hormones, so by eating flax seed you boost two things at once.
- Reduce sugar and artificial sweetener intake.
What’s Hurting Your Liver:
- While salt is delicious on most foods, excessive amounts can be vary damaging to the liver. Try to limit your salt intake.
- Fast food, no surprise, has a very negative impact on the liver. Filled with fat and sugar, these foods can be liver destroyers.
- Alcohol can affect many aspects of the body, including the liver. Too much alcohol can lead to liver disease.
- MSG, which can be found in many types of fast or convenient meals, is a form of concentrated salt that can be toxic to the liver. MSG also causes other various health issues.
These supplements can supply your liver with the critical vitamins and minerals it needs to combat cold sore outbreaks:
Oil of Oregano: A natural immune system booster.
L-Lysine: Used to combat cold sores at the source.
Milk Thistle: The most highly recommended supplement for maintaining a healthy liver.
Alpha Lipoic Acid: A powerful anti-oxidant that attack “free-radicles”.
When the Liver Needs Some Help
If you find your liver is running at peak capacity and you’re still getting cold sores, it might be time to get powerful help. InterceptCS works fast to prevent cold sores from ever happening, using patented “Thermal Therapy Technology.” Find out more about InterceptCS now!